The iPhone 11 Face ID is not working after the iOS 14 update. Apple has released a fix for this issue, but it requires you to perform a factory reset.
The face id not working after update ios 14 is a problem that has been present for a while. Apple released an iOS update to fix the issue, but it may have come with some unwanted side effects.
The date on which this page was last modified was September 4, 2021. -dev D (author) Tagged With: iOS
Face ID is a face recognition technology developed by Apple Inc for the iPhone and iPad Pro that enables biometric verification for unlocking the device, making payments, and accessing sensitive data. On the iPhone X and later models, you may authenticate and pay for products and services such as Apple Pay, App Store, and iTunes purchases, among other things. However, after the iOS 14 update, a number of customers have reported that Face ID is not working properly. When attempting to unlock the smartphone using Face ID, the error message “Face ID is not accessible” appears.
Face ID on the iPhone does not function correctly for a variety of reasons.
- If you just turned on or restarted the device, it may not function.
- If you haven’t unlocked your iPhone 11 in the last 48 hours, you’re out of luck.
- If you don’t unlock using Face id within 4 hours after being granted 6 1/2 days, a passcode will be created whenever you attempt unlocking.
- If you get the remote command on your iPhone.
- If your face does not match five times, you will be disqualified.
- When you turn off the phone or hit the emergency SOS button, hold and press the volume control and side button simultaneously for 2 seconds.
- If the charge on your iPhone 11 is less than 10%.
Here are several quick fixes for Face ID issues on the iPhone 12, 11, X, Xs, Xs Max, XR, and iPad Pro.
On the iPhone 12, 11, XS, and XR, how do you set up Face ID?
- From your Home screen, go to Settings.
- Face ID & Passcode may be accessed by swiping up from the bottom of the screen
- Please enter your password.
- Set up Face ID by tapping the Set Up Face ID button.
- Get started by using the Get Started button.
- Place your face inside the circle.
- Slowly turn your head in a circle.
- Continue by tapping the Continue button.
- Slowly turn your head in a second circle.
- Tap Done.
Face Recognition Isn’t Working
Before you start troubleshooting, make sure you check these fundamental procedures.
- Make sure the TrueDepth camera isn’t hidden by a case or screen protector. Also, ensure sure the camera is free of any residue or debris.
- Make sure the TrueDepth camera can see your eyes, nose, and mouth completely.
- Face ID is compatible with a wide range of eyewear. If you are wearing a sunglass that blocks specific kinds of light, however, you must take it off.
- When utilizing Portrait Mode, make sure your iPhone is in portrait mode. Face ID works in both landscape and portrait modes on the iPad Pro 2018.
- Keep your gadget at arm’s length or closer to your face (10-20 inches).
- If you’re outdoors in direct sunlight, move your iPhone so that the sun isn’t directly behind you.
Check for the most recent update, which may include a problem fix.
May’s newest version includes a bug patch for Fact ID issues. See whether any updates are available by going to Settings > General > Software Update. If you locate one, just touch it and iOS will take care of the rest.
Restart your iPhone if necessary.
Press and hold the Volume Up button, then press and hold the Volume Down button. Finally, push and hold the side button until the iPhone screen displays the Apple logo.
Check that your Face ID settings are accurate.
If you’re using Face ID for the first time, or if you’ve just upgraded your iPhone, the settings may not be correct.
Check that the functionality is enabled and that all of the choices in the Use Face ID for section are switched on by going to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
Face ID may be turned on or off.
- On your iPhone X, open the Settings app.
- Enter your iPhone passcode if you have both Face ID and a passcode.
- Turn off the switch next to each option in the Use Face ID FOR section.
- Note: If you want to disable Face ID for third-party applications, go to Other Apps and disable the option next to each app.
- Restart your device, then go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
- Turn on the switch next to each option in this section.
- Also, go to Other Apps and turn on the switch next to each program.
- Now try using Face ID once again. It should now work.
Try creating a new ID.
If none of the previous options worked, consider creating an extra profile for Face ID to utilize. Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Set Up an Alternate Appearance to do this.
You’ll now need to move your head gently around the room while the iPhone analyzes your outlines. Tap Continue after the first pass and continue the procedure. When you’re done, hit Done and check to see whether you can now unlock the device.
There’s also the option of wiping everything clean and starting again.
Go to Settings > Face ID & Passcode > Face ID & Passcode > Face ID should be reset.
This will clear any previously saved IDs, allowing you to hit Set up Face ID and start the procedure again. Hopefully, you’ll be able to utilize the function without any problems this time.
Did these methods assist you in resolving the iPhone Face ID not functioning issue? Please let us know in the comments section below. Read
The face id not working after drop is a problem that has been present for a while. Apple released an update to fix the issue, but some users are still experiencing the problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is my Face ID not working after iOS 14 update?
This issue is caused by a bug in iOS 14 that causes Face ID to stop working. To fix the issue, update your device to iOS 13 or earlier.
Why has my Face ID stopped working iPhone 11?
Face ID is a security feature that requires the user to place their face in front of the camera and then unlock their phone. The iPhone 11 has a new facial recognition system that uses different technology than what was used before, so it may be possible for the device to not recognize your face anymore.
Why does my iPhone Face ID not work after update?
The Face ID feature was removed in the update.
- face id not working ‘move iphone lower
- face id not working iphone 12
- face id not working iphone 11
- face id setup not working
- face id is not available try again later