Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application designed for gaming communities. This software was released on May 13, 2015 and has gained massive popularity in a very short time span due to its ease of use and high-quality voice chat services. The best feature of this software is that it allows multiple people to listen and talk to each other via an Internet connection. This opens up new worlds of possibilities for online gamers who want to discuss the games they play while not taking away from their in-game experience. Discord is currently available on Windows, OS X, iOS and Android platforms.
There are some features that set apart Discord from its rivals such as TeamSpeak or Skype. Discord is free to download and available for use on both mobile devices as well as home computers. This VoIP application has gained an active community of over 45 million users because it seamlessly integrates with the games that people love to play.
How to connect airpods to discord
1. Download Discord on your PC or Mac, sign up for an account and log in.
2. Go to the User Settings in the Client (the cog wheel at the top-right corner of your screen).
3. Click “Go to the voice settings” on the left sidebar.
4. There will be a microphone and an input device drop-down menu. Select the microphone that you want to use from that list, then select “Set as Default.”
5. Ensure your headphone’s mic is not listed in any of the voice channels on the right side of the page. If it is a part of a voice channel, click on your currently selected device and select your headphone’s mic from the next drop-down menu.
6. Once you have selected your headphone’s mic as your default, click “OK” to apply the settings and connect airpods to discord.
7. Go back to the voice channel list on Discord, choose a voice channel and hit the little phone icon with a plus sign next to the channel name.
8. Click “Select a device” and select your headphone’s mic from the drop-down menu.
9. Once you have linked airpods to discord, you can adjust its volume using the right audio cable on your headphones. You will see a microphone icon at the bottom of each chat bubble, and you can toggle the mic on or off by clicking it.
10. You are now ready to use your headphone’s microphone with Discord. Just make sure your headphones are selected as the default input device in this app whenever you want to talk through them.
How Discord is used
Discord is a very popular VoIP application that could be used for many different online activities. First of all, the program allows users to create their own private servers for groups of friends or colleagues to communicate with each other through voice chat services. Discord can easily replace Skype as it has easy-to-use features and doesn’t require any third-party software to be downloaded. All anyone has to do is download the program and choose a username. Basic accounts are free, but there are also Discord Nitro subscription plans available for $5 per month or $50 per year which give users access to features like animated avatars, higher quality screen sharing and special perks.
Discord can also be used for online gaming purposes. Many gamers enjoy using Discord because it allows them to communicate with fellow players in-game without taking up any network bandwidth. People can organize their teams or squads through this program, and it is even possible to link up the chat service with computer games so that messages are sent directly into the game window.
Discord is a very useful software tool that many people use for online communication purposes. It’s free to download and can be accessed by thousands of users at the same time without any lag issues or performance problems.